Lockdown and quarantine has meant our eyes have taken extra strain. Increased screen time means tired eyes, lots of squinting and over worked eye muscles. Stress and anxiety about the pandemic often means less sleep which results in bags, puffiness and dark circles. We can often find that we are even indulging in the wrong foods which impacts the skin around the eyes.
Try this Eye Yoga technique daily to help the eyes look and feel healthier.
1. Keep your head relaxed on the top of your spine and look at a point in front of you.
2. Then without moving your head, neck or face move your eyes to look at the right hand side, then back to centre, then to the left. Move your eyes back to centre and look up to the ceiling and down to the floor.
3. Gently close your eyes for five seconds and then repeat one more time.
4. Then, widen your eyes as wide as you can without raising the eyebrows. Focus on a point in front of you and take four deep breaths in through the nose and out through the nose.
5. Relax and close your eyes for a few seconds.
How it works: This will help re-train the face so that in daily life we express more with the eyes and less with the forehead, preventing lines. It also boosts the circulation in and around the eye so its great for tired and dull eyes as well as puffiness and dark circles under the eyes. This will exercise the muscles around the eyes and therefore it is great for toning up sagging skin and reducing lines around the eyes. It will also give the eyes an awake, energetic appearance.
For more Eye Yoga and Face Yoga try this video